Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Taking Chances with the Online Thingy



I've always been addicted to online income-generating stuff. From pay-to-click (PTC) sites, to online surveys, to google adsense, and now, to oDesk, an online "job marketplace" where one can apply to thousands of available jobs or make his or her very own company and hire workers.
I started in oDesk last February 2009 and got hired for my first job as a Business Opportunities Advertisement Summarizer for $2.02 per hour. It was a really great opportunity for someone like me who had no idea at all what oDesk was all about.
Then I got hired for my second job as a telemarketer for an electronic modules company in the USA for $2.00 per hour. It was the start of my "career." More job opportunities and interview invitations arrived at my oDesk inbox. I had, and is still having, my third job, again as a telemarketer for a website company in Australia this time for $2.50 per hour. Another job came in, as a blogger for one's website for $2.00 per hour. I had all these three jobs at the same time, all from the comfort of my bedroom. I can work while in my pajamas, while lying in bed, while watching Gossip Girl DVD at the same time (with volume really very low of course), or while updating my Facebook account. No boss, no pressure, no need to worry for the proper "office attire."
I resigned from my full-time job as an Online English Teacher just this month. I knew it was a very risky decision but then it was the risky one that I had to take. I couldn't guarantee to myself that I would still be able to pay my house rent or my internet connection even just with oDesk. I still have two weeks left now before the effectivity of my resignation but I can't back out anymore. I thought I would regret that I did that. But as early as now, I can see that I made the right decision. I would be earning from oDesk twice what I'm getting from a 9-hour-with-boss-have-to-leave-the-house job.
It's not easy at first, but patience is really a virtue. Here's what I earned for last week at oDesk:

yes, $24.83 for only 10 hours

I know it seems to be a little or low. But it's a good start, right?

Click the banner below to get started with your own account and immediately apply for jobs!


The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk




xoxo

No comments: